Yunnan Province


a119, originally uploaded by Puresilk_dr.

I took this at Lugo Lake, north part of Yunnan Province. Took most of the day from Lijiang to get there, with roads twisting through mountains and towns that gave me flash backs of death road in Bolivia.

But thankfully the driver didn't drive the bus like a formula one car which they all seem too in South America.
Lugo lake was very tranquil and very secluded from the rest of the world, where women are the domimant here. Apparantly marriage is extremely rare and often women have wondering eyes. My wife kept a close eye on me.
The main streets in the Village are packed with little colorful shop fronts, where often the merchanise they're selling are being made at the front of their store for all to see, as the picture illustrates. I enjoyed my time here.

0 China Impressions comments:

Post a Comment