SY class locos at Anshan steelworks

The photo was taken in the days before digital on 35mm slide film and is part of a set of slides taken on my first trip to China to photograph steam locomotives. Anshan in North east China is home to a vast steelworks and our small group of photographers visited in 1994 to photograph the industrila steam locos within the steel plant.

Over the years I have a large collection of slides and black and white negatives that now I am in retirement I am scanning to archive in digital format. Some of my early negatives from the 1960s when I was very young were not of great quality but with the aid of film scanners and editing software I have managed to get presentable photos that would have been impossible with traditional darkroom methods.

0 China Impressions comments:

Post a Comment